![]() |
| Photo c/o RMO |
I started this new blog to focus on the things I will do online through NetKapihan. The Covid-19 pandemic brought this new normal of information dissemination. The use of social media i.e. Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Viber, WhatsApp, Skype, among many others, made me realise the necessity to come up with a digital platform like what I have started and I am envisioning to be in the future. Now more than ever, freedom of speech and of the press, is crucial and relevant, to counter heaps of information out there, including the so-called fake news. Social media has levelled the playing field: you don't have to be a media giant for your voice to be heard or seen. There are many free apps that you can use to disseminate information as well as propagate and nurture your way of life, beliefs, and own agenda. There is complete freedom to write, film, and create. What is curtailed, regulated, controlled, is the accessibility to all of these information. The ones whom we should be scared of are the gatekeepers, then ones controlling the free movement of ideas and information. Oftentimes faceless, sometimes nameless or covered under a maze of legalese and interlocking interests. Coming out of this Covid-19 pandemic, one will see and find out that it is a different world.

No comments:
Post a Comment