Friday, June 3, 2022

World Bicycle Day is June 3

 

Source: facebook.com
Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving (Albert Einstein). So very true indeed: we've got to keep on moving if we want to get ahead! Standing still is not an option, no longer an option. I learned how to ride the bike when I was quite young. I stumbled heaps of times but when I finally got the hang of it, it felt so refreshing and liberating, as I cycled around the campus and our neighborhood. I was tasked by my grandparents to deliver fruits that we sold like mango, papaya, bananas, among many other fruits from the farm. It was also my task to bring these fruits to the different monasteries and convents around my hometown. During my first year in high school, I rode my bike going to school. One day, upon dismissal, I noticed that the leather seat of my bike was slashed. Until now I really don't know who did it or why? But that's another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My first time at the University of Waikato

Source: waikato.ac.nz It is in the shelter of each other that people survive (Irish proverb) . 14 years ago today, I had my first glimpse of...