Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Interim blog


Source: RMO
It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand (Apache proverb).
I really have to write! While waiting for my site to be built  this will be it for now! The urge to write is born on this day my 14th year in Aotearoa New Zealand! It has been a rollercoaster ride for me and my family! One that is a result of me migrating at an age wherein I really shouldn't be moving anymore. I was already 52 years old when we made the big move. The first year and a half, it was me by myself, settling in, trying to establish roots for my families eventual arrival. I missed out on my daughter's high school graduation in the Philippines. That was a milestone most parents wouldn't want to miss. But I contented myself with the feeling and knowledge that the sacrifices would have to be made, to ensure a brighter future for my family. Fast-forward to the here and now, all my children are here, two are working while the youngest is still in high school. My wife was able to fulfill her dream of becoming an Interior Designer when she graduated with a diploma from Wintec. Nevertheless, the journey of adventure, discovery and exploration continues, even when I am 66. May God be praised for His immense love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My first time at the University of Waikato

Source: waikato.ac.nz It is in the shelter of each other that people survive (Irish proverb) . 14 years ago today, I had my first glimpse of...